Thursday, January 19, 2012

I must blog!

Last night I found out that a man that I dated from March to September is now engaged to someone else.  Barely 4 months later. I'm trying to understand that.  He supposedly loved me and not only was he dating someone new just a month after we broke up but now he's engaged???  This on top of finding out via Facebook that my ex-husband is engaged to a woman on another continent, which completely blows my mind, because 16+ years ago he told her to "F**K OFF" when she told him she was pregnant with his child and has had nothing to do with this girl.  Now the kid lives with him, while mommy is still in another country and they are getting married??  I just don't get it. For the love of all that is good in the world, am I so hideous that I can't even be taken to freaking dinner???

Now, onto the fact that, during the jaunts around the world, my children's father has gotten over 2 months behind on child support and gives me attitude like I am in the wrong, when I ask about it.  FOR THE LOVE OF FREAKING GOD, I am raising OUR kids on MY own...I ask him for nothing except to pay me what our divorce decree says he's required to pay and I'm sure if he could find a way around that he would.  He rarely contacts them.  Then he gets on his high horse and tells me I shouldn't allow my kids to have artificial sweetener and that they shouldn't have to say "yes ma'am/sir, no ma'am/sir"???  I mean really??  Has he even got an ounce of right to tell me how to raise the kids when he abandoned them over a year ago?  He cares more for the child he didn't want then the ones that really need him now.  But it's the pussy he really cares about...the mother.  I'm just so damn frustrated that he has the nerve to get attitude with me when I question when he will be paying his child support.  Plus, how am I supposed to accept that he doesn't have the money to pay for the support of his children, when he takes time off from a brand new job, to go gallivanting across the planet???

However, last night as we sat down to eat our dinner, my daughter said the blessing, which included thanking God for the meal, her "wonderful" mommy, brother, dogs and house.  But no mention of the father.  Mark that as a small victory for the good guy, me.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. There is nothing worse than being the girl they dated right before they get engaged. Been there, done that. And I have a feeling I'm about to be there again.

    I don't have answers for life's problems, but I do know you're an awesome mom who is raising two amazing kids. You can add that to the victory list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth...that is extremely nice to hear...

    ReplyDelete