Friday, January 13, 2012

Being a single mother I feel, quite often, as if I'm alone in the world.  Not alone, like by myself, but alone like I have the weight of the world, and the proper upbringing of my children, on my shoulders.

Of course, I have wonderful friends that help as much as they can, and I'd be lost without them, but in the everyday hustle and bustle, it sometimes feels as if I am drowning in the chaos.  I often wonder why I was given the overwhelming responsibility of raising two children and bringing them up to be productive members of society.

But, today, I saw that I am not completely alone.  I got a call today from the father of one of my best friends in the world and he wants to include my son in their annual father/son night at the motocross.  I learned today, that, although I have been given a huge undertaking, I am certainly, not alone. And that there are people in our lives that want my kids to grow up exactly as they should...with the love of a very strong family.

Apparently Hillary Clinton was right...it does take a village to raise a child.

2 comments:

  1. Being a child of a single mother, I know first hand the stuggles you face. I also know how important it is for Jack especially, to have a positive male role-model in his life and I know that Jason is an exceptional example for him to follow. Savannah, on the other hand, has wonderful role-models to follow in her mother and of course, my beautiful daughter-in-law Lindsey. I personally think you are an exceptional mother and are doing a fine job of raising Savannah and Jack on your on. I love your children like my own grandchildren and love you like a daughter. I love the fact that they know us as Mimi and Papaw and I thank you for allowing us to be a part of your lives! I hope that you and your children know that we are only a phone call away at any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Dale It's really nice to hear such nice things. We are all lucky to have you guys too. We ALL need you.

    ReplyDelete